söndag

Salve Regina



"Allt som är över dig är Gud och allt som är under dig är inte Gud."

How great, then, should be our confidence in this Queen, knowing her great power with God, and that she is so rich and full of mercy that there is no one living on earth who does not partake of her compassion and favor. This was revealed by the blessed Lady herself to St. Bridget, saying, “I am the Queen of heaven and the Mother of mercy; I am the joy of the just, and the door through which sinners are brought to God. There is no sinner on earth so accursed as to be deprived of my mercy; for all, if they receive nothing else through my intercession, receive the grace of being less tempted by the devils than they would otherwise have been.” “No one,” she adds, “unless the irrevocable sentence has been pronounced” (that is, the one pronounced on the damned), “is so cast off by God that he will not return to Him, and enjoy His mercy, if he invokes my aid.” “I am called by all the Mother of mercy, and truly the mercy of my Son towards men has made me thus merciful towards them;” and she concludes by saying, “And therefore miserable will he be, and miserable will he be in eternity, who, in this life, having it in his power to invoke me, who am so compassionate to all, and so desirous to assist sinners, is miserable enough not to invoke me, and so is damned.” Let us, then, have recourse, and always have recourse, to this most sweet Queen, if we would be certain of salvation.

St Alphonsus

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar